Trinity College Institute of Neuroscience Strategic Plan 2010-2016
The graphics are fantastic, and the plan itself is short and sweet.
Our animating ethos rests on the belief that major and fundamental research problems are best solved by combining research strengths across disciplines and levels of analysis.
Combining our strengths in this way will allow us to deliver major scientific discoveries of great consequence for human health, welfare and knowledge.
Table of Contents:
- Why Explore the Brain? [Our short, simple answer: ‘Understanding the structure and functions of our brains brings us a good way along the path of understanding ourselves as humans. Progress in understanding the nervous system materially benefits human health, welfare and knowledge.‘]
- Trinity College Institute of Neuroscience Mission
- Transformative Neuroscience
- Trinity College Institute of Neuroscience Today
- Trinity College Institute of Neuroscience Tomorrow
- Research Focus 1: Synapses, Cognition and Behaviour
- Research Focus 2: Neuropsychiatry and Neurodevelopmental Disorders
- Research Focus 3: Neurodegeneration, Neuroprotection and Neuroplasticity
- Platform Technologies: Imaging and Neural Engineering
- Contribution to Society and Outreach
- Future Opportunities
- Measuring Impact: Hard and Soft Metrics
- Final Thoughts